Pratt Abbott, Northern New England’s largest dry cleaning, linen rental and uniform rental company, faced a sales and marketing challenge. Although the company had offered wedding dress preservation services for many decades, this offering was only know to a small circle of customers. In examining this aspect of their business, the company identified several opportunities to grow their wedding-related business, including taking advantage of the fact that Maine is a popular wedding destination and that Pratt Abbott could offer wedding parties on-site services to ensure everyone’s clothing looked sensational on the big day.
19 Oaks developed and executed a strategic sales and marketing plan for Pratt Abbott that included:
- Developing a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy
- Launching a new Wedding division of Pratt Abbott
- Developing a targeted, cost effective awareness campaign to reach bridal parties in Maine and beyond
- Identifying and establishing relationships with affiliate companies that provide wedding services to expand reach
- Creating a new section of the company’s website to support the new initiative
- Helping Pratt Abbott hire and train a new Wedding Services Coordinator to represent the company’s service at bridal shows and other events
The response to the launch of the Pratt Abbott Wedding Division has been incredibly exciting. Year-over-year sales have increased by a stunning 75%. The revenue stream went from being a steady, yet quiet, profit center to being a profitable new business venture that has dramatically driven sales within the wedding division, as well as creating a halo of general awareness over Pratt Abbott’s additional services.